(photo source: http://ayurvedische.wordpress.com/)
Here a few of the Ayurveda daily rituals I complete...
- knowing my dosha
- waking at 6 am, going to bed by 10 pm (getting better with this)
- oil pulling
- oil cleansing method for facial washing
- sipping warm water with lemon first thing in the morning to refresh the system
- dry brushing
- using my tongue scraper and neti pot
- taking short walks (even around the house) after meals
- performing self massage with sesame oil before bathing
- having last meal 3 hours before bedtime
- here is a sample schedule from ayuverda.com
Upon first glance it may seem like a lot, but I assure you as it becomes a part of your morning/evening routine it isn't. It is as simple as brushing my teeth. No real thought included...