Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Vegan Food on the Go During Hosptial Visits


It has been a long weekend and a crazy start to a new week. Kennedy wasn't feeling well this weekend and hasn't been to school so far this week. Today's appt. with her neurologist gave us bad news :( but, I am hopeful.

Thinking about all of her appts coming up and the strong possibility of an extended hospital stay, I've been thinking about ways to make vegan food easily accessible in the weeks to come. Like what can I prepare and bring with me. Sure, I'll bring some bars, and a few bought processed things, but I'm trying to brainstorm vegan meal, snack ideas big time...

 

 

Running on Real Food is a great site and she listed 10 Quick and Easy Vegan Snack Ideas. I'm totally brining in my Nutribullet to make green smoothies (will pre-freeze the ingredients in Ziploc bags and let defrost a bit before blending). The Nutribullet is TERRIBLE with frozen food items.

I have to make snacks that are easily transported and keep well. I don't mind gooey snacks (dates stuffed with almond butter and bananas).


1. Almonds and Goji Berries


Almonds and Goji Berries

2. Raw Energy Bites and Bars


Energy Bites

3. Sliced Fruit with Cashew Cream


4. Celery with Almond Butter & Gogi Berries


Snack of the Week

5. Almond Butter Stuffed Dates


Banana PB Date

6. Organic Vegan Crackers with Peanut Butter and Fruit


Mary's Organic Vegan Gluten-Free Crackers.

7. Raw Veggies & Hummus


Hummus and Veg

8. Kale Chips

Nutritional Yeast Kale Chips

9. Avocado with Lime and Sirracha


Avocado, Lime and Sirracha

10. Fruit Smoothies


Raspberry Citrus Smoothie
 
Rather than be caught totally off guard in the hospital stuck with all yucky cafeteria food ...which basically means GF fries, and bars... I am thinking of way prevent energy slumps while keeping the nutrition going!

1 comment:

ngocminh nguyen said...

Thank you for bringing more information to this topic for me. I’m truly grateful and really impressed.
Fitness Model at Workout Music Motivation videos.

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin