This excerpt comes from Vegan for Life by Jack Norris
Erica Meier, Executive Director for Compassion Over Killing
- quinoa topped with stir-fried veggies, chick pea, and tempeh.
- Stew (dry minestrone soup mix with fresh/frozen veggies, potatoes, broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, garlic and onion. Bring to a boil then let simmer.
Scott Spitz, competitive runner, www.runvegan.wordpress.com
- BBQ tempeh on a bed of brown rice and steamed kale
- Side sweet potatoes
- Apple crisp for dessert
- Cauliflower mashed potatoes
- Mushroom gravy
- Garlicky sautéed Swiss chard
- Baked tempeh
- Burrito with greens, quinoa, and beans
- Mashed sweet potatoes
- Fruit Smoothie
- Vegan Reuben Sandwich, sliced seitan, onions, eppers, auerkraut, vegan thousand island dressing, and Daiya cheese
- Raw lemon coconut cheesecake for dessert
- Pizza with whole wheat crust topped with organic tomato sauce with crushed garlic, Field Roast apple sage sausage, baby spinach, black olives, and Daiya cheese
- Mesclun mix salad with goddess dressing or sautéed kale with slivered garlic and toasted almonds
- Sliced Asian pear sprinkled with cinnamon for dessert
- homemade beet/carrot/celery/ginger/orange juice followed by oatmeal with maple syrup and apples-n-flax and black pumpkin spice tea with cream and sugar.
I love being vegan!!! Off to get some tofu to grill for this Labor Day.