Friday, November 22, 2013

Envisioning a Life of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables (Apple Pie Smoothie Recipe)


I hope that these cold days are finding you with a warm cup of tea and nice and cozy. 
Thinking about what I envision for the highest and best version of my ideal life...leads me to fresh fruit and vegetables that make me feel amazing. Tell the truth, when you are on track with your fitness goals and food choices everything else seems more manageable. It isn't that health and fitness control your life, it's the opposite. You are MORE in control of your life when you are making the best choices for your body. At least it is that way for me. 

It led me to the store where I stocked up on TONS of fruits and veggies. Smoothies, salads, fresh fruit galore. My soul is overflowing just looking at all of this.

I scored:

  • persimmons (I smell a banana/date/persimmon smoothie coming on)
  • huge bag of limes (hot water with lime, juice, salad dressings)
  • mangoes (I know out of season, but yep I'm eating em with cinnamon)
  • pears
  • tomatoes
  • romaine
  • spinach
  • mixed lettuce leaves
  • avocados
I also recently ordered 11 pounds of dates from 7HotDates. They are $100 about, but so worth it. I can eat all those in a few months and I'll be sharing em so they may go by more quickly, but at this time of year I stay away from GF/Vegan premade desserts and stuff because my digestion suffers and I can pack on a few pounds. People don't always share how much butter/fat they add to their desserts so I like to just make stuff myself. Although this season WILL find me making ONE fatty sweet potato pie with pecan maple sugar icing. Yep...I'll post that one!


I had my crazy rant the other day brought on by the influx of commercials that were just driving me crazy. THIS is why I don't watch regular television.  Kennedy has had a doctor's appt and school at home and lots of other stuff... Like....

 Catching Fire. Yes I am a fan fan fan.... I went to the very first showing on last nite's opening nite. I had a blast. It was nice to get out of the house for a minute.

I've been busy envisioning m life  and having lots of great raw and fresh foods. I was just mentioning to someone how funny my body can be. It's like freezing outside and I was craving banana ice cream!! So, I made me a smoothie with bananas, dates, coconut water and ate it all chunked up. It was amazing and hit the craving. Shouldn't I be craving pie at this time of year??? lol.

As Thanksgiving week comes up, I am getting the menu together for my house. I will have a nice sized plate of cooked vegan deliciousness, but I will be doing the 5K Turkey Trot (right in my garage on the treadmill) as a way to start the day and by tonite I will know what I am serving.

Today I had an Apple Pie smoothie:

  • 1 organic apple
  • 2 bananas (frozen)
  • 1 c almond milk
  • 8 dates
  • 4 cups spinach
  • blend. bliss
No exercise today. Just some pretty serious household cleaning and some kettlebell swings for my challenge. 

Are you living your vision for your best life????

1 comment:

ngocminh nguyen said...

I am very impressed with your post! Hope to see many such post from you soon!
Fitness Model at Workout Music Motivation videos.

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin