Friday, November 15, 2013

How to Make Eating Raw Foods Routine (Pumpkin Almond Butter Green Smoothie Recipe)

Today was interesting. I stayed up late reading on my Kindle and then Kennedy and I slept in. Meaning...no early morning workout, but I did get to my AM routine as soon as my eyes opened :)
As I am working on routines this week, I thought about routine ways to add raw foods to your life. I don't count percentages of my raw food, but I consider myself and always will a raw foodist. 

I have a minimum of 1 green smoothie per day and I have a salad with each meal. If I have a sandwich for lunch it is LOADED with raw veggies and so much lettuce the bread won't close. At dinner I always add a salad---LARGE with a 1/2 avo. Juice whenever I can (couple times per week$$), and keep maca, chia seeds, hempseeds, and dulse around at all time. 

The only thing that makes you a raw foodist is your DECISION to be one. Not a certification, or course, or whatever. Not fancy gadgets or superfoods, just eat whole, organic where possible, fruits and veggies. Simple. Make it routine. Have a juice/smoothie when you first wake up. Have a simple salad at lunch and/or dinner. BAM a raw foodist.

YOU are a raw foodist. Just the fact that you are reading this blog makes you aware of raw food. You are concious. You are a raw foodist and don't let anyone else tell you any different.


(Take a look at a long term raw foodist I admire: Storm Talifero (amazing Black long termer in CA...the real deal). 

I did my workout right before my awesome green smoothie. Try this one puhleeze....

Fall Pumpkin Almond Butter Green Maca Smoothie:
  • spinach
  • 2 large bananas
  • 1 tbsp almond butter
  • 1/3 c canned organic pumpkin
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
  • 2 tsps maca
  • blend...bliss...
Kay and I are doing tons of crafts and I am feeling so strong today. Yesterday was just an off day and I didn't want to talk about how sad I was feeling. Sometimes it is just overwhelming rehabbing Kennedy, and I need a break. I took a hot bubble bath and read a novel and felt much better.

Off to do crafting and prep for the weekend of at home fun with the most amazing daughter ever!

2 comments:

Matthew @ The Lasik Method said...

What were you reading?

ngocminh nguyen said...

Thanks for sharing this great article! That is very interesting I love reading and I am always searching for informative information like this.
Fitness Model at Workout Music Motivation videos.

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin