Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Leaving the House to Exercise? Plus Pumpkin Coffee Chia Green Smoothie Recipe

Good chilly morning to you! Late nite and NO Biggest Loser...Kennedy wasn't in the mood. I still had a semi-early morning and have already done 60 Minutes of Les Mills Combat, plus a few Sun Salutations AND my morning routine. Whoop whoop! I'm on fire getting my life back on track. 
Cutest home gym makeover EVER. From Lowe's!!

Someone asked me about "getting away" and going to the gym or outside for my workouts. Well, let me just say that I wrote about why I love home gyms before, but even then I DID have a gym membership but rarely went. Now I don't even have that. I totally quit. I saw an opportunity to spend that money on personal fitness equipment that I can KEEP FOREVER rather than just donate money for the use of albiet it nice, but dirty used up equipment.

I can 'get away' right here in my bedroom. If Kennedy's dad is watching her or she is asleep, I can come in here for 25-60 minutes and lose myself in a nice sweat session. Sometimes I even cry too.

Top Reasons I Quit the Gym and Doubt I'll EVER Go Back:

  • Even if your commute is short like mine was (only about 8 minutes no interstate, no traffic), I hated losing that workout time.
  • Time to park, sign in and find a locker
  • Time to get dressed, or take off my top layers, pee, find equipment, clean it, and get started
  • Time to clean said equipment when done and move to the next station (aka way across the gym)
  • Time to get dressed, unpack locker, drive home...
  • Geez just GOING to the gym and getting home was a workout
  • My average gym workouts took me 60-90 minutes to accomplish the same thing I do in 25-60 here at home MINUS THE COMMUTE
Top Reasons I ADORE working out at home:
  • My commute is 35 seconds
  • I still dress really cute, but I don't have to have the neatest pony tail or any ponytail for that matter
  • I would rather choose from my zillion cardio fun kickass DVDS for a cardio workout than row row row my boat on a boring elliptical
  • I have a treadmill and space heater in my basement if intervals are on my mind
  • I can have access to all the weights I want right here
  • No weirdos all in my face
So, my routines are all about efficiency  Making the best use of my time and getting the most accomplished in the shortest amount of time so that I may spend my days doing the things I want, with the people I want to do them with, in ways that I love. 

Okay time for a massive Green Smoothie!! Today's recipe will be.....

Pumpkin Coffee Chia Smoothie (with greens of course :)
  • 1/2 c pumpkin puree (mine is canned...organic...duh)
  • 2 bananas
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds (blended with water to make milk--after soaking overnite)
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 8 oz coffee
  • 1/2 c frozen berries
  • few cubes of ice
  • 4 c spinach
  • 1 tbsp coconut sugar

3 comments:

Lucas Moore said...

Wow!!! It seems delicious. I like your recipe of Pumpkin Coffee Chia Smoothie. I will try this.

Regards,
Mangosteen Juice

Kopi Luwak said...

Working out at home gives you a convenient time to focus on your body and you can make your own time for exercise. That's why I also love doing exercise at home. By the way, thanks for the recipe, I'll try that.

Regards,
Finn Felton

ngocminh nguyen said...

Nice post! Very informational and knowledgeable. I will expect more from you in the future.
Fitness Model at Workout Music Motivation videos.

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin