Cutest home gym makeover EVER. From Lowe's!!
I can 'get away' right here in my bedroom. If Kennedy's dad is watching her or she is asleep, I can come in here for 25-60 minutes and lose myself in a nice sweat session.
- Even if your commute is short like mine was (only about 8 minutes no interstate, no traffic), I hated losing that workout time.
- Time to park, sign in and find a locker
- Time to get dressed, or take off my top layers, pee, find equipment, clean it, and get started
- Time to clean said equipment when done and move to the next station (aka way across the gym)
- Time to get dressed, unpack locker, drive home...
- Geez just GOING to the gym and getting home was a workout
- My average gym workouts took me 60-90 minutes to accomplish the same thing I do in 25-60 here at home MINUS THE COMMUTE
Top Reasons I ADORE working out at home:
- My commute is 35 seconds
- I still dress really cute, but I don't have to have the neatest pony tail
or any ponytail for that matter
- I would rather choose from my zillion cardio fun kickass DVDS for a cardio workout than row row row my boat on a boring elliptical
- I have a treadmill and space heater in my basement if intervals are on my mind
- I can have access to all the weights I want right here
- No weirdos all in my face
So, my routines are all about efficiency Making the best use of my time and getting the most accomplished in the shortest amount of time so that I may spend my days doing the things I want, with the people I want to do them with, in ways that I love.
Okay time for a massive Green Smoothie!! Today's recipe will be.....
Pumpkin Coffee Chia Smoothie (with greens of course :)
- 1/2 c pumpkin puree (mine is canned...organic...duh)
- 2 bananas
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (blended with water to make milk--after soaking overnite)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 8 oz coffee
- 1/2 c frozen berries
- few cubes of ice
- 4 c spinach
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar