Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Week 3: Rest and Self-Care (Vegan Fig Pudding Recipe)


As the mom of a child with special needs, it is very easy for me to completely forget about myself. To just wash into the day and fade away. No one would blame me. I have every excuse reason to do so. 

This week of my 52 Weeks Til the Best Version of Me lifestyle overhaul, I am focusing on rest. As Thanksgiving nears and I have a zillion things to do and make, I have to remind myself that those late nite cups of tea, hot bubble baths while reading my Kindle, and meditation sessions are to save my soul from feeling weary and tired. They recharge me.... they rejuvenate me.

If you remember I am incorporating all of these things I am focusing on into my life. This 52 week program is all about me trying to go deep within myself and focus on all of my inner most dreams and goals so that I can live the best life possible.


This week I will focus on self-care (one of my favorite topics)

*Sleep

*Reading

*Bubble Baths

*Eating delicious fresh raw foods as a diet staple

Speaking of eating delicious foods... I've been making so many smoothies lately. Really, I love them all year round and it's like 22 degrees windchill here in PA! I've craved really thick, creamy ones. This Fig Pudding smoothie was a great creamy dessert in a glass!
Displaying Image.jpg

  • 5 fresh figs
  • 5 dates
  • spinach
  • 1 c water
  • 1 apple
  • Blend. Bliss



1 comment:

ngocminh nguyen said...

Thank you so much for your post. This post really help me a lot and I have learnt some new things from your blog. I am bookmark your blog for future visit.
Fitness Model at Workout Music Motivation videos.

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin