Monday, December 16, 2013

Simple Plant Based Foods We Can Be Grateful For (Grocery List)- Week 6

On my 52 Weeks til the best version of me thing I'm working on, I started Week 6 off by talking about gratitude.  Ah yes. That word that crops up every year around this time and is heard over and over, but does anyone truly stop to think of its meaning?

As I am being eternally grateful for Kennedy's life right now after her near death experiences, I am spending an inordinate amount of time thinking about, meditating on, and journaling my gratitudes. Both large and small.
This program I put myself on to focus on one thing per week and grow on that to become the best version of myself hasn't found me perfect. Quite the opposite. Focusing this way on my own personal development has made me truly aware of my flaws...those spaces in my daily habits and personality that I would like to improve. Rather than dwell, I acknowledge...journal and move forward. I am imperfect and that is okay. Most importantly, I am being gentle with myself. Forgiving. Something I have never been good at. 

In the spirit of that, it came to me last night that I should post about all the many easy to find, inexpensive plant-based foods that are hearty and healthy this time of year. This a great time of year to get fancy in the kitchen, but it can also be a great time of year to get back to the basics.

Here is a list of simple, easy to shop for items will up your plant food intake, but keep your budget in check:
  1. Gluten Free rolled oats
  2. Bananas
  3. Spinach
  4. Frozen fruit
  5. Carrots
  6. Onions
  7. Sweet Potatoes
  8. Russet Potatoes
  9. Vegetable broth
  10. Mixed Greens
  11. Nut butters
  12. Gluten Free bread
  13. Quinoa
  14. Wild rice
  15. Beans/legumes
  16. Brown Rice Wraps
  17. Tempeh
  18. *chia/hemp/flaxseeds
That simple list can make: 
  1. Soups
  2. Sandwiches
  3. Salads
  4. Green smoothies
  5. Fruity oatmeal
  6. Hearty oatmeal
  7. Stir fry
  8. Burritos
  9. Quesadillas
Things I am Grateful for Today:
  • The Make a Wish foundation who is coming today to make Kennedy's one true wish come true :)
  • Waking up knowing the kitchen is clean. It's the simple things, but I can go down there and prepare a huge feast with no muss and no fuss
  • Afternoon appointments for Kennedy. This means a pajama filled morning and french toast for Kay and green juice/then coffee for me :)
Today's Goals:
  • Crafts with Kennedy
  • Balance bank account
  • Make a deposit at the bank
  • Get Kay to therapy intake
  • Gather all paperwork for Make a Wish
  • Exercise for 15 minutes (gee I know:)

1 comment:

ngocminh nguyen said...

Wonderful post! Thank you so much!
Fitness Model at Workout Music Motivation videos.

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin